Friday, October 1, 2010

2011 D23 Expo to put on official Ultimate Disney Trivia Tournament

Having an official Disney fan club has been a great thing for us Disney fanatics, and now one of us will be able to have validation of our supreme domination of Disney knowledge.

According to The O.C. Register, "D23 officials made the announcement at its DestinationD: Disneyland ‘55 event."

There will be a lightning qualifying round on Aug. 18 and the finals will be held on Aug. 19.

The O.C. Register further reported that "Fans will be tested on all aspects of Disney — from park parades and T.V. shows to Walt Disney’s family history and company merchandise. Potential participants can practice with questions, which will be posted on the D23 website."

I'm going to be frank: I could win this. Not to brag, but I am the reigning Disney Trivia champion from the 2002 Disney Cruise I took, along with my mother. We still have the gold medals to prove it.

I've always been a competitive person, and some official validation of my Disney knowledge who be a great stroke to my ego. I think it's a fantastic idea that Disney is doing this, and it will be a great addition to the D23 expo.

How do you think you would do in the challenge? In other words, would you come in second or third place to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment