Friday, January 21, 2011

Day Two at the DCP

Then there were two...days of Disney College. Today was our day of rest, on a Thursday, instead of a Sunday, because Disney does what it wants to.

Well, most of it was about resting. We had to be at the Commons apartment complex down the street by 9:45 in the a.m., though here we just go by military time.

Getting pictures taken with Genie and Co.  
The meeting consisted of the housing people telling us what not to do if we want to stay the entire program. I’m going to be honest, I was a little scared throughout the whole thing. There were so many things listed that could get you “termed” or terminated, for. Luckily, most of it had to do with alcohol, which is not something I’m a huge fan of.

Then me and my roommates got to experience the bus ride to Walmart. It took about 15 minutes, depending on how long you stop in the Publix parking lot. We got all our food and such, and then we were on our way back, this time with an elongated stop at the Vista Way apartment complex. We finally got home, and just relaxed for a little bit. I even took a nap. Exciting stuff, and I’m sure you’re super excited to read about. Lucky lucky.

I decided to try out the pool later and do some laps. It was freezing, which was good for me, and bad for the people who wanted to play instead of work out in it. Sadly, it wasn’t cold enough detract them from getting in my way.

Throw yo hands up, the welcome party at Vista 
At 8:00, we headed over to Vista for the Arabian Nights welcome party, where we got precisely two free pieces of Dominoes pizza, a bag of chips and a soda. There was a DJ blasting music I’ve never heard because I live in the world of my iPod, and a huge line to take pictures with Aladdin, Abu and Jeanie. I didn’t partake in either, but instead watched girls hit on my roommate, fawning over him when he let it be known that he was going to be Goofy. You don’t get that kind of attention when you’re quick service food and beverage. But everyone’s got their job to do, and mine doesn’t involve heat exhaustion.

My roommate, Jacob, then took us over to his family’s timeshare, where they had authentic Gumbo waiting for us and freshly ironed shirts, so we would be prepared for Traditions. It was a great time, and the night ended with a group sing along of “Just Can’t Wait to be King” and “Hakuna Matata.”

Now it’s almost midnight, and I’ve got to get up at 5:30 to get on a bus no later than 6:45 to participate in Traditions, where I will get my job location assignment, name tag, and most importantly, my Disney ID, which can get me into all the Parks here, for FREE. Life will be good.

No comments:

Post a Comment