Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's Almost Here: The Disney College Program

Yesterday, I went to a sendoff meeting here at ASU for students attending the Disney College Program, where the DCP ambassadors were there to answer any of our questions and discuss what our upcoming experiences had in store for us.

If I was psyched up for the experience before, my excitement has since doubled. The joy in the room was palpable, how could it not be? A bunch of people, brought together by a single, magical experience, a love of Disney shared by all in the room. It was just another form of Disney magic.

If you're not a Disney fanatic, it's not something you could understand. When a bunch of Disney people get together, there's no room for unhappiness or anything that doesn't resemble glee in its purest form.

At the meeting, the second I have attended this year, the DCP Ambassadors told us about what dorms we should choose for the best experience, how we'll learn about what roles we will be performing in the coming months, and told us about their own personal experiences of the park, from working on the Jungle Cruise to being a character in the parks.

I got to meet other future DCP cast members, some of whom would be working at Disneyland, others who would be future co-workers of mine at Walt Disney World. We then played the Disney addition of Apples to Apples, which I won, and attempted to get a few rounds of Scene It? Disney Edition, before the room erupted into a chaos of elated conversation. The smiles were audible throughout the room.

What I've figured out so far about DPC is that it's going to be a hassle getting down to Orland alone, it's going to be a anxiety filled first couple of days upon arrival, and then I'm going to have the time of my life for seven months straight.

It all starts January 19: I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment